If you use Homebrew on macOS, you may download BZFlag via the
brew command. Alternatively, you may download our binary below and drag the .app into
your Applications directory. Then right/control click (or two finger tap) on the application and
--no-quarantineflag is required as of 2.4.20 to install via Homebrew as our executable is not currently signed.
Alternatively, you may install from your package manager or compile from source. Note that some distribution packages may automatically run a game server.
Version 2.4.26 was released on November 20, 2022
This release mainly fixes a few client bugs:
- Audio pops should be fixed.
- Positional audio in observer mode now uses the camera direction.
- Fixed a regression that caused some textures to render skewed.
- Fixed the Machine Gun firing continuously when the mouse wheel is used to fire.
- Fix incorrect rotation math for API custom zones - Alfredo Tupone, Vladimir Jimenez
- Do not block on TCP recv - Alfredo Tupone
- Fix select() block timeout, reducing CPU usage - DeathByDenim
- Fix rendering regression that displayed skewed textures - Alfredo Tupone, Agatha
- Fix positional audio direction when in observer mode - Scott Wichser
- Fix audio pops - Scott Wichser
- Fix Machine Gun firing continuously when mouse wheel is bound to fire - Scott Wichser
BZFlag is licensed under the LGPL 2.1 and MPL 2.0 and is free to use/distribute/modify as long as the terms of the license are followed.