If you use Homebrew on macOS, you may download BZFlag via the
brew command. Alternatively, you may download our binary below and drag the .app into
your Applications directory. Then right/control click (or two finger tap) on the application and
--no-quarantineflag is required as of 2.4.20 to install via Homebrew as our executable is not currently signed.
Alternatively, you may install from your package manager or compile from source. Note that some distribution packages may automatically run a game server.
Version 2.4.24 was released on March 08, 2022
This release works around an event polling regression in SDL 2.0.20 that caused our game to appear unresponsive. There's a few other small changes as well.
- Don't crash when removing the BZFS Cron server-side player - Scott Wichser
- Announce who adjusted the countdown with /modcount - Vladimir Jimenez
- Add support for Apple silicon builds - René Schwaiger, Joshua Bodine
- Work around an SDL 2.0.20 event handling regression - Alfredo Tupone
- Do not explicitly link to X11 when using SDL - Alfredo Tupone
BZFlag is licensed under the LGPL 2.1 and MPL 2.0 and is free to use/distribute/modify as long as the terms of the license are followed.